Somehow this is where I always go with that phrase, but no. I'm not defeating Huns or impersonating a man in order to meet the love of my life. (Anyone else find that odd in Mulan???) I'm being a bandwagon-er again and making some 2013 goals. I know I'm a week late, but it's my list. Bite me.
It's pretty easy to group my goals, so without further adieu....
Running Goals for 2013
1. Run at least three half marathons and two other races. I love racing. It gives me something to look forward to and it makes me love running even more. The half marathon is my favorite distance and I am dying to get back to it. So far the only one on the list is the Flying Pig.
2. Sub 2:20 Half Marathon (and secretly a sub 2:10). This is completely doable, but I just have to get my butt in gear and put my mind to it. I'm putting it out there and I'm going for it.
3. Sprint Triathlon. I have been dying to dive in to triathlons and I think this is going to be the year. Bring. It. On.
3. Join my local running club. I'm writing this one down so that I actually do it. You may not believe it, but I am actually very shy with new groups of people. I am very intimidated with joining a running group, but they seem so awesome! I really just need to suck it up and do this one.
4. Get down to my healthy weight. This will go a long way in helping me hit my goal times. Again, this one is completely doable, but I just have to get my mind and my butt in gear.
5. Crosstrain. I don't have a specific goal on this...yet. All I know is that my body is a lot happier when I am climbing, yoga-ing, and biking.
6. Meet as many other bloggers as possible! I didn't meet any new bloggers in person in 2012 and it made me really sad. This one has to change. I may have to take a trip out to go see this awesome gal race her Ironman in September.
Life Goals for 2013
1. Finances. With the new job I've been able to get my finances in check and begin saving and investing. I've done okay, but I need to do better. I want to put away 40% of my salary for saving and investing. It's lofty, but definitely doable. I haven very few expenses right now and need to take advantage of that.
2. Cooking. I want to eat out less and learn to cook more than the basics I know. I want to cook something new at least once a week and eat out only twice a month. We'll see how this one goes, but it will go a long way with my finance goal as well. (Recipe suggestions are welcome!!!)
3. Personal Relationships. I'm pretty happy with where I am on this one, but I want to do better. New goal is to each month call one person I have been meaning to call and write one letter to someone. I know it seems easy, but I feel like it's going to be a challenge.
4. Karma. Not sure what else to call this one. I want to work on putting more positive energy out in the world. Not sure if I want to try to quantify this with a certain number of random acts of kindness or something, but it's on the list.
5. Read. I love love love to read, but get distracted by life sometimes. My goal is at least 15 books for 2013. Easily doable. (So if you have any suggestions.....)
And there you have it. Eleven goals for 2013.