Top Ten From 2012
1. I know that he came into my life at the end of the year, but he may be my favorite thing that I get to bring into 2013....
Napping with the fireplace going in the background. Heaven.
2. Getting to see not one, but two awesome musicals. It certainly helps that one was an awesome surprise weekend kidnapping!
I am one happy penguin in this picture and Fella looks so handsome!
3. Returned to the world of racing with the Rock And Roll St. Louis Half Marathon and loved every minute of it.
Ignore the complete lack of photographic skills and horrible nail polish.
4. I got to go see one of the most epic concerts EVER.
The one and only ZZ Top.
I still want to be his best friend.
5. My dad had open heart surgery and came through it like a freaking rock star. Team Penguin is still intact and rocking.
In case you didn't know, only rock stars wear princess hats.
Here's to many more adventures to come!
6. I started a new job that I love which has days that end like this....
Distributors that send us edible bouquets the size of a large child? Yes, please!!!
7. I found my new favorite hobby in ATVing and got really really muddy. A lot.
Try to find a clean spot on us anywhere. I dare you.
8. I took a 20 hour road trip to Florida with two of my best friends and my cousin. It was sheer awesom-ness and still makes me laugh.
This bar in Key West spoke the truth.
Why am I dressed like it's winter? No idea.
9. I had tons on great times with friends both near and far. Too many to name and too fun to forget.
Tom looks really
excited serial killer-y in preparation for an afternoon of martinis.
Having a blast at the CMA Music Festival in Nashville.
And yes, thankfully my friends are as goofy and awkward as I am.
10. Last, but certainly not least, (*warning, to steal a word from this girl, this is schmoopy*), I got to spend the year with this guy....
Which just made everything a little bit more awesome.
After a day of getting dirty on the ATVs.
On Navy Pier on my surprise kidnapping to Chicago to see Les Miz.
And no year is complete without a trip the the Anheuser Busch Brewery.
2012 was a really fantastic year. I feel like I'm starting to get this whole balance thing down that so many people seem to walk into effortlessly. It's not always easy to fit everything in....family, friends, significant other, work, running, sleep....but having too much awesome-ness is always a good problem to have.
Here's to an even better 2013!!!